Sunday, August 22, 2004

Telephone perturbation

I had purchased a new AT&T wireless phone with base, having caller ID & answering machine, just last year and yet the past few weeks I have had nothing but havoc trying to get a decent replacement battery and having it charge properly. Only to find the trouble was with the phone itself! To my chagrin, I pulled out the sales receipt, only to find that I was past the one year warranty by 25 days! Talk about a set up! I always found it nice to buy a product that has a full year warranty, but now I feel like they have us and we wind up purchasing their products much too often and thus disposing of the old product, better known as junk by then. If ever I missed recognizing that we live in a disposable society; I know better now! This time I got a larger named brand, as if AT&T wasn't large enough, but they aren't in electrical products, and also, I got a model with all the bells and whistles I could want. I suppose this is to make up for having to get a new one in the first place! If it's only going to last a year it might as well be a GOOD year's use. I hate how disposable we have gotten. I always respected those who maintained their products like cars and household electronics. I felt I was one of those people. I hate landfills and thus recycle more than anyone else on my block. Where did it get me this time! Well...now I can at least answer the phone because the phone works...for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home