Thursday, May 19, 2005

Female VFW Post Commanders

Well I am NOT the Only Female VFW Post Commander in my District now!
I just attended Dayton/Laday Post 10626 Officer Installation and their Commander for 2005-2006 is a Dorothy McFarland, a WWII Veteran!
I am so glad to see more of us in the VFW!
In fact, I just met the Senior Vice Commander of District 11, here in Oregon, and she happened to be a Land Surveyor in the Navy!
Not only was I in the Navy, but prior to I was a Land Surveyor in Southern California!
I hope to make a good effort on increasing our National percentages of only 2% women in the VFW because the percentage of women in the military during war time was much higher than 2%!
We need to make a showing and increase our numbers in this organization that provide so much necessary support in lobbying for Veteran rights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home