Monday, July 25, 2005

Weekend movie review

This weekend I saw The Flight of 'The phoenix' and 'Mean Creek.'
The flight of the phoenix is a remake of the '62 movie with James Stewart-Jimmie boy!
I liked the original, yet this one did have its updated twists, to include a female on board. Was nice to see Miranda Otto in something since the Lord of the Rings. She will always be remembered for playing Eowyn, but we should all know there is more to this actress.
Interesting movie that can stand alone from the old version, though didn't blow my skirt up!
Mean Creek was interesting too! Just a few minutes into the film I thought, this has got to be filmed here in Oregon!
And sure enough they finally show a car license plate!
It really hit home. I found myself looking at each kid and seeing a bit of me in them when I was that age, and wondering what and how I would act if I was in that situation.
A very thought provoking movie and the scenery is spectacular! Of Course! It's filmed here in Beautiful Oregon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home