Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I Love the Feeling You Can Help Someone!

I was at a meeting for the Traveling Vietnam Wall last night. This wall is three quarters the size of the real one in D.C. and it travels the US upon three big rigs. All the names are upon it and looks exactly like its big brother. We are proud to be hosting it here in Portland during non other than Memorial Day week!
So there I am with the planning teams and committees and one of my VFW members in a post in my District was there. After the meeting broke up we spoke about his recent notification from the VA on his disability claim. I mentioned that when you submit a claim on say broken bones, you still need to claim say the joints and another on say muscle trouble or tendons. That each and every little thing must be noticed and signified individually! He was so surprised because many things had then not been brought up! I feel good because I learned this all myself and did my own paperwork and processing. I told him I would help him write a draft he could then take to his service officer since he is comfortable using one. I just feel good that I helped him in a way he hadn't known of!
More later on the Traveling Wall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home