Monday, January 29, 2007

MOC Grand of Oregon CofA


This weekend was the Military Order of The Cootie-[The Honor Degree of The VFW] Grand of Oregon Council of Administration and the Grand Commander's and Auxiliary President's Testimonial Banquet.
I always have a fun time with these folks and this weekend was yet another weekend of fun.
I was congratulating the Mistress of Ceremonies on the great job she did when she mentioned that she felt the Past Grand Commander's Testimonial last year was much better!
I was kind of surprised with her saying this. I suppose I had always assumed there was a tiny bit of friction between her and her husband and our past Grand Commander, Gary-who is one of my mentors and a great guy to talk with on just about any topic.
I was really stumped. At some time I will have to mention this to Gary and see if I read this couple who are so active in the MOC to see if I really was on the wrong track!
But I was very pleased to hear it! One thing Gary and I seem to have in common is that we both don't fit a standard mold and it always seems that folks are trying to do that with us.
Well Gary! Here's to you! You left lasting and good impressions on Maddy and at least you didn't have to hold your nuts like Bob did! Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home