Monday, August 23, 2004

Time Well Spent

I have come to enjoy my peace and quiet. I enjoy reading, whatever book I am involved in reading daily, as I take time to do things each day that I enjoy. I am lucky in my un-luckiness in that I am retired. Not by choice, but by disability, while active duty in the US Navy overseas. I also enjoy my Emails & chats online with friends. These things bring me closer to the world that I enjoy & they remind me of the simple pleasures in life. I first learned of the simple pleasures in life while stationed in Naples, Italy. The Neapolitans showed me how to take the time to smell the flowers and how important it is to embrace the joy of seeing the grapes on the vine before they are picked and turned into the first wine of the new season. I now find myself embracing each moment for its own right and have found in myself a peace and reckoning I have never known. Joy, peace, calm, these words were never in my vocabulary...Just ask my ex-husbands! If there is anything I can pass to others it would be to find this peace and joy. I am now committed to the joy of life on a daily basis by seeking a little peace in a piece of each day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home