Wednesday, November 24, 2004

On General Tommy Franks watch

In Gen. Tommy Franks book~American Soldier, he tabs; There is a decal of the World Trade Center Towers stuck to the bulkhead of the MH-53 Special Ops helicopter. Between this & other information it makes me sad to think that the majority of Americans have been led to believe that this so called War on Terrorism was fought in Iraq! Tommy Franks was CINC CENTCOM at the time & ran the battles in Afghanistan & Iraq. He leads us, in his book to believe he feels the same! Page 562: "Colin Powell said recently that he was disappointed that some of the intelligence on Iraq's WMD program was 'inaccurate & wrong & misleading.' That, of course, is the nature of human intelligence. The issue is not whether the source of the intelligence information was telling the truth, but whether George Tenet, Colin Powell, & President George W. Bush
believed-(authors italics) that the information was true. I believe they did. I know I did. And I do not regret my role in disarming Iraq & removing its Baathist regime.
Funny how only Colin Powell noticed the term MISLEADING in the text.
I served while Colin Powell was Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff & I know one thing for certain: since his resignation, of late, as Secretary of State;
Powell would NEVER have let this happen on HIS watch!
I have to say I am shocked that Tommy so believed in what he was doing & that this war was just cause & retaliation for Terrorism on us & the World Trade Center Towers!
When will they wake up & realize they are choosing the wrong battle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home