Sunday, November 07, 2004

Weekend Movie Review

The three movies I saw this weekend were:
"How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days,"
"Against the Ropes" &
"Intolerable Cruelty."
Kate & Matthew played off a cute, yet predictable, humorous film on dating & what not to do. I give it an A for the cuteness.
This must be a first for Meg Ryan in Against the Ropes, acting in a role that isn't straight up comedy. For a female empowerment flik, this was interesting. I don't care for Boxing, yet I have seen many Boxing films. This was unique in that it is based on the true story of the first woman to rise up in the Boxing world as a Manager. I give it an A and recommend it to those who, like me, enjoy watching a film for the creativity of how the film was made.
Intolerable Cruelty is the latest flik from the Coen Bros. It breaks into the realm of matrimonial Lawyers & breaks it open with the dark humor so well known of the Coen's. George Clooney & Katherine Zeta-Jones were perfect in this escapade. Intriguing list of actors who starred in the movie too! I give it an A, as that it isn't the best work of the Coen's, yet is worth adding to their humorous list of movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home