Monday, December 13, 2004

Return of The King Extended Version Review

I was lucky enough to have had the US Postal Service arrive with my pre-ordered copy of Return of The King extened version today!
Of course this means seeing it Today!
I can tell you that my favorite extended scene is one of three scenes.
Either the scene of Gimli & Legolas having a drinking contest; nothing like Dwarf farts to liven up Golden Hall! - Or Eomir wailing at the sight of his fallen sister Eowyn, in battle - Or seeing the beginnings of love between Eowyn & Faramir.
I can't stop wondering how SAG would have voted if they were to have voted, on all eleven Oscars, for the extended version rather than the theatrical version.
The scene of the Palantir is alarmingly different than the book, though we all know P.J. had to create film versions for better suiting.
It is a remarkable piece of work...I now plan to go & watch it yet again!
Enjoy your copy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home