Monday, March 07, 2005

Movie Review

With Ocean's Twelve released on DVD and hoping to see it soon, I watched Ocean's Eleven. Having been a fan of the original Ocean's 11 with Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr., I hadn't really wanted to see this version.
I was interesting and of course changed to be relevant in our time, but the old Brat Pack spice just wasn't in it! Maybe because Clooney and company needed history to gain their own spice!
I am looking forward to seeing Ocean's Twelve and hope some of that spice between the characters was found. Good group of actors I might add.
I also saw Shattered Glass ;about Stephen Glass, the youngest Journalist who worked at The New Republic magazine and had the support of his colleagues. We find out his stories are fiction when a new Editor questions him on his latest piece. The fact-checking finds that there a holes in his work and as the story unravels we find this turns the tide and who we first believe this Stephen to be is not at all true.
What a surprising movie! It really makes you think and wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home