Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mid-Week Movie Review

I had the chance to see the new version of 'The Manchurian Candidate' & 'Shall We Dance.'
I own a DVD copy of the original Manchurian Candidate so I am a fan of the story. I was even delighted knowing Shelley Winters won her Oscar for playing the demanding and authoritative, conniving mother, in the original.
This version doesn't play the heavy power trip that Frank Sinatra portrayed; nor does it have the ending impact. Most of the story you could predict and thus got less impressive as the movie went on.
If you think this version is good, go rent the original!
You will be surprised at the outstanding work of the cast and the storyline.
Shall we Dance is heavy on the coriagraphy and low on the storyline. If I was ever in a relationship where my partner couldn't mention their interest in a sport or activity, and spent a serious amount of time doing it, I would end that relationship!
I was a very smarmy flik. Some will enjoy seeing the dancing and really, if you are going to watch it, watch it for the dance sequences not the story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home