Monday, August 28, 2006

My Annual Eye Exam is DONE!

Most folks don't get excited when they have completed their annual eye exam & all is basically the same.
I DO! I have this rare condition called 'Narrow-Angle Glaucoma' which means that when the Dr. dilates my eyes-(so he/she can see behind the lens) it could cause a severe migraine & then blindness.
So I always make certain I have the first appointment in the morning because the Dr. then keeps me in the waiting room & every half-hour or so then re-checks the pressure in the eye to make certain it recedes.
A High pressure is the tale tell sign of trouble!
So...after three checks of this pressure, I was given the go ahead to leave.
My pressure rose to a 40 & at 22 in each eye is when he let me go today!
I got home a good hour & a half sooner than last year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home