Thursday, March 10, 2005

Shadow Divers

I just read a great book titled - Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II - written by Robert Kurson.
I am not necessarily a WWII history buff, but I am a Scuba Diver & enjoy a good true story.
This book keeps you on the edge of your chair & seems to have limitless suspense.
I enjoyed the thoroughness of their painstaking research that finally lead them to name the U-boat they found, in 260 ft depth, 60 miles off the coast of New Jersey, at the first years of our new millennium.
I am now planning on reading further books, one on the Father, son team who had done a dive with Chatterton to the U-boat and unfortunately events took both of their lives.
History is still being found and rewritten and this book attests to the new discovers that are out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home