Saturday, April 30, 2005

Citizens will Give with No Questions to Their Vets!

I happened to be in the Eastern most portion of Oregon today to do some VFW recruiting. A group from the local Post and the District Commander were present, as well as myself and another Oregon Dept. Officer.
We hadn't put out a donation can with our Buddy Poopies and yet people would come by and drop foldable money on the table and Thank us for our service and walk away!
So many of them just gave that it choked me up!
We would tell them we didn't have the Buddy Poppies and that we were out to celebrate the National Vietnam Veteran's Week and to recruit new members and these folks STILL want to donate!
I have to say I was very impressed and I DO know that the Pendleton Post 922 has a good deposit of funds in their Veterans support fund now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home