Friday, June 03, 2005

I Don't Need A Hearing Aid

This is good and yet bad.
I had my hearing tested, which hasn't for a couple of years and needs to be periodically due to the damage and hearing loss from my 2 near fatal vehicle accidents.
So the audiologist says I don't need a hearing aid, but that yes my hearing on my left ear is diminished, though mostly above and below the frequencies of normal speech.
She said my trouble is in crowded over noisy places, I will not be able to distinguish the sounds appropriately and that the loss in the left ear is significant enough that I cannot distinguish sound direction, which I have already realized! Yet another reason to look both ways when crossing a busy street!
So, though I don't need a hearing aid, I do have the debilitating problems of hearing loss and the embarrassing issue of having to fess up and apologize to people and ask them to repeat themselves.
So...As my Best Friend mentioned on another issue, We'll have to Play It By Ear! The good Right One that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home