Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend Movie Review

This weekend I had the chance to see:
De-Lovely, Paycheck & Closer.
De-Lovely was great! For anyone who enjoys a good musical! I really loved how they utilized some of our favorite singers of today, such as Alanis Morrisette and Sheryl Crow & my all time favorite Jazz singer Diana Krall, as the lead singers in Porter's Broadway productions of the time.
The costumes and sets were lovely and with my favorite singers I could see myself enjoying a second viewing.
Paycheck was barely believable, but action packed and for me, if you add a motorcycle I will definitely enjoy it!
Closer was....Weird! I didn't like how Mike Nichols allowed it to portray women as men's sex pawns.
For someone who was in construction with men and now a Retired Sailor, they actually got even me sick of the foul sex language!
All I saw in this film was four sexually disfunctional people whose lives crossed.
I suppose Julia Roberts needed the money after having twins and maybe Clive Owne and Natalie Portman and Jude Law all have mortgages to pay, because the only thing that makes the box office draw on this film are the names of the actors!
What a waste of good film!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home