Tuesday, August 09, 2005

No Unconditional Love

I cannot believe totally on the ideal belief of Unconditional Love. I have a mother who has rarely 'been there' for me & can guarantee there is no unconditional love felt from her to me.
Because of this & because of her continued gripes & complaints of health, vying for sympathy from others;
I do not play her game & enable her behavior.
Thus I am a Black Sheep in the family & here a graze!
About 8 months ago, just after the New Year, she called me & of course asked how I was doing; the loaded question that if answered gives her right to spend the rest of the call complaining of all her diseases she has-(of course all because of her morbid obesity she does nothing about!).
So I relentlessly steer her off course telling her I will not comment on my health.
I am disabled and it is not a defining quality of who I am!
So now she is visiting my Brother...3 doors down!
She tricked me when she called on my Brother's cell phone, thinking it was him I answered.
She asked if I was still mad at her over the New Years call-(in which I hung up on her!) & I said I was still angry
& she asked why & I told her that her stating, though I have reconciled it to myself, that I was not a victim when I suffered 2 near fatal vehicle accidents & left for dead; both not my fault.
Prior to this she had me shaken up by calling me names because I tend to be a recluse, fearing crowds-(I could get bumped thus causing pain & most certainly a hospital stay!).
I never receive praise from any family member, recently I Emailed them & friends a copy of a Nat'l award I received in which ALL my friends replied proudly yet no family member did! Black Sheep issue!
Well...It has taken me a few decades, but I finally can say I do not define myself by my parentage!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling lonely? Hook up with Real Singles now for $4.99 to connect, and only $0.99 a min. A true match is only a phone call away. Give it a try 1-800-211-9293.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home