Thursday, August 04, 2005

Quick Meals

I began a diet several months ago and when I started it I also began preparing meals ahead of time.
Now I know I am retired and have time to create meals at my leisure-NOT!
So what I do is get a couple packages of good quality bacon and cook it all at once and then drain the fat and place it into a container in the fridge. At the same time I cook up a dozen eggs in water and then when they are done place them in the fridge and for a couple weeks then I have breakfast already and prepared!
With only a tiny bit of warming on the bacon, I can deal with that!
Portion control can be trouble for any of us. So I repackage my steaks and chops into those snack size zip locks and place them in the freezer; which means I will only be thawing what I will eat.
This is working pretty well for me and might work for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home