Sunday, November 06, 2005

My New Great VFW Friends

There are many occasions where I am with some VFW officers of other Posts. Now with being District Commander of seven Posts, I tend to see them a lot.
The Post in the town next to mine is rather new at being only five years since the chartered.
I often talk with the Post's Quartermaster and we have done some recruiting together.
So, of course he and I and his wife have become good friends.
They don't have much money, so when I went up to the Commissary on the Air Force Base in Washington state,
I got them a carton of cigarettes.
They are in hard straits with all the prescriptions the wife has, due to her terminal cancer.
I didn't like the idea of just giving them money and heck! So they smoke!
Well they were overwhelmed!
I have had them over for dinner also, so when the invited me, you are darned right I was going to accept!
They are such loving folks!
They had a card and a lovely gift of this beautiful VFW pen and case!
What sweethearts! This pen may not be much and luckily didn't cost them an arm and a leg, but it is now my prized possession!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home