Tuesday, February 07, 2006

VFW Mid-Winter Council of Administration

Well we had our VFW CofA this weekend!
All went well and I enjoy talking with some of these guys who have held office in the VFW. They have given me pointers on becoming an officer myself and I am in their gratitude.
When I returned home I found that the VFW Dept. Newspaper arrived and there is a photo of me, another VFW comrade & the USMC Ceremonial Drill Platoon on the front page! WOW! I had sent that in months ago and they finally printed my story!
They also printed the photo and story, on the back page, of our District Voice of Democracy Dinner 7 Auction showing our District Chair selling a collectible VFW cookie tin.
What was so surprising is that the darned guy actually said 'Thank You,' for submitting it, to ME!
We don't get along, but he made points with me when he thanked me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home