Friday, April 14, 2006

My SS Back Pay

It has now been four months since my appeal for Social Security Disability, that I won. I began receiving my monthly allotments last month and I still have yet to receive the back pay for the three years I hadn't received it.
I contacted SS two days ago regarding this and they found an error that had wound up putting this back pay on hold. They submitted a correction and now I have to wait until the correction gets into the main payment center.
I only hope it isn't too long. I mean fair is fair!

2 Comments:

Blogger Disability Blogger said...

This kind of thing happens fairly routinely. If at some point you still haven't gotten your backpayment and you were rep'd by a lawyer, ask the lawyer to try to either call the payment center or have the social security field office you filed at make the call.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Disability Blogger said...

Forgot to mention - I have a blog about these issues: Social Security Disability Blog

You're in the home stretch so it may not be beneficial to you. Hope you get your situation resolved soon.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home