Monday, August 14, 2006

I am not certain that the US ISN'T a 2nd World Country!

I cannot believe this!
I have lived here in the Pacific Northwest now for just over 3 years and in that time my electrical power has failed four times! Each time it has taken more than an hour to get it back and last night was the worst!
For the Second time in less than twelve months the neighborhood transformer that supplies us BLEW UP!
YES! I heard the explosion, or shall we say, was awoken about 11:30 PM by the crashing-booming sound and just as I was settling in again, after not locating the sound, it occurred once more and I noticed I had no power and then notice my little neighborhood was dark and yet down the street the had power! Hint and a half what occurred!
Sure enough, within a half hour I heard service trucks in the area and fell asleep to the heavy equipment and the beeping sounds. We didn't get power back until about 9 AM today!
I have lived in 2nd and 3rd world countries and NEVER had a loss of power as often or as long as I have had here in the US and that makes me believe we are not keeping with our standards are are becoming a 2nd world country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home