Monday, September 25, 2006

My Friend's Leah's Blog

Some of you folks read many Blogs,
for those who do & like hearing about other places my dear friend Leah has her own Blog!
A little about her & my friendship,
we met through her older sister Tracy who was Assistant Rabbi at my synagogue.
Leah & I became friends through the trips she took from Santa Barbara to San Bernardino, CA to visit her sister Tracy.
None-the-less when Desert Storm began Leah asked me to go with her to Israel.
I would have loved to as she put it-"some one has to milk the cows while the soldiers are off to war!" Yet I was torn yet felt too tied to the US. As it worked out I joined the Navy.
I served 12 yrs until my disability retirement.
Leah & her husband Gil had come to visit me,
a couple of times, while I was stationed in Italy-
(Because of my TS-SCI clearance I wasn't allowed to go to Israel)
Leah is still there is Israel, has married a Sabra named Gil & enjoys hiking, music, folk dancing etc...
So enjoy a friends Blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home