Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Big Shopping Expedition

I was beginning to feel like 'Old Mother Hubbard.'
My cupboards were bare!
So I went up to McChord Air Force Base in Washington. 120 miles north of me & the Best & largest BX & Commissary around!
I always go with a shopping list in hand.
I had only a few items to purchase at the BX & concentrated my thinking on the Commissary, hoping I could get enough to get me through Thanksgiving-the plan was to get my turkey & fixins' too!
WOW! The soda was so cheap I got 20 12pks!
What I did was load up the soda, the got the laundry soap & other large items like a big bundle of TP etc...
I purchased them & loaded them in the trunk, then went back for the rest.
By the time I made it through the canned good I knew there was no way I could get the frozen food onto the cart. So I purchased the food & packed it into the car & went back a third time to get my frozen food!
My car was so packed it took me forever to unload!
One thing I can say for certain is that I won't be 'Old Mother Hubbard' for some time!
I should make it through until just before Xmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home