Monday, July 11, 2005

My Neighbors

I cannot believe the chutzpah in my neighbors!
Here's the scene, they have four kids, so there are always bicycles and toys strewn in the yard, as should be with kids. Their roof is leaking and we live in rainy Oregon, so they have plastic over the better part of their roof. They painted their house last summer after my house was painted that Spring, but the have never painted their fence to match, so now the fence is blue and the house is pinkish red! UGH! They don't use the municipal trash system, so they accumulate garbage in their backyard where the local raccoons tend to visit in the middle of the night. OK, with stage set, I go to today where my neighbor, Moses, brings his Cousin over to talk with me. Moses speaks since his cousin knows no English.
He says his Cousin can mow and tend my lawn, which indeed looked shabby when they came over, and only for $50 a week and a total of $200 a month.
After a recovered from surprise, I smiled and told him No way! That I am a disabled Vet and could ill afford that kind of money and why my yard isn't done is because it about kills me everytime I do it and I have to do it because I don't receive compensation to assist me in this kind of thing.
I mean the gall in this guy judging MY YARD when his house looks terrible! How dare he! Let alone I felt like telling him that if I were ever to be stupid enough to pay that kind of money, I would expect the person to speak with me and understand my requests and show me their BS graduation certificate in landscaping!
What is that saying about calling the kettle black?
One reason I do my best not to judge others and wish they wouldn't judge me! Because you NEVER know the entire story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home