Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend movie Review

I had the chance to see 'Hitch,' 'In Good Company,' 'Primer,' 'Vanity Fair' & 'Sometimes In April' this weekend.
Hitch was a cutesy flik with Will Smith playing basically a dating match-maker. Cute is all I can say about it.
In Good Company was good, not great, but I did enjoy how this issue became so big and it showed how you can appear to have everything going for you and yet really not! It was worth renting the DVD.
I will leave Primer for last -
Vanity Fair was good! Almost exceptionally good considering I have never read or followed the story in any of the other productions. Reese Witherspoon did an exceptional job and the costumes, acting a screen play had me watching and enjoying. This is straight drama from theatre so if you are an action person you, more that likely, won't care for it.
Sometimes in April is an HBO production of the 1994 period of Rwandan genocide between the Hutus and the Tutsis. I thought Hotel Rwanda was rough but this movie encapsulates the horror.
OK! - PRIMER -
A must SEE!
This movie was made by just a handful of people and is noticeable when you see that Shane Carruth is the lead actor and also wrote, directed and produced the film.
I really don't want to give the storyline away, but will say this; what would you do if you were a computer nut and you accidentally created a time machine that you could go back in time say in hours. I MUST SEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home