Thursday, December 29, 2005

I Have My TENS Unit!

I had an appointment/follow-up at the VA Physical Therapy Dept. & while there-rather than coming in for my appointment on the 4th of Jan.-I was given my TENS unit & the low down on it.
TENS-Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is a unit that gives low voltage frequency & modulation adjustable pulses through sticky pads placed in the areas requiring the TENS for pain reduction.
It works like a massage chair only it is highly defined & the sticky pads make the pulses much more local to the needed area.
I have to say I am enjoying the use of it!
I am told to use it for at least 20 mins & not to exceed 45 mins in one duration.
Between this, working with PT for an exercise regimen-I was very athletic prior to my injuries & would like to at least get my body into the best shape I can even if I won't be running biathlons and such!
Plus my Doc & I are ironing out my pain med regimen so I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel & the possibility of far less pain in my future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home