Friday, April 28, 2006

One of The BEST Day of My Life

I had one of the best days of my life yesterday!
I noticed that a Navy friend, whom happened to be my CPOIC at NATO, was online. So I began a chat with her. For seven years I have felt bad because I had only gotten an Flag LOC-Letter of Commendation at the end of my tour of duty. I had accomplished a significant amount of things between incorporating a VISA card to installations of classified VTCs. So I had this frustration towards this friend thinking she hadn't put me in for anything else than an LOC. What made it worse is that my husband, who is now my Ex, received an NCM while he was there after me. Of course there was a completely new staff there and that means different personalities towards awards. I finally felt brave enough to tell my friend. I mentioned how my Ex got an NCM there. She came back and said she HAD put me in for a medal and it was turned down higher than her. She also mentioned that in all of her career, and she has toured at the White House, she has never worked with a better tech. Than me!
I was so overjoyed! I am still teary eyed and shaking! It meant so much to hear that! Now I know others have felt I had done great work that it wasn't just in my head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home