Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Played Catch With The Neighborhood Kids

I had some fun last night playing catch with the neighborhood kids!
Funny there was no screaming for once!
I just happened to be letting my cat inside, when I saw a couple of young Middle School and Freshman High School boys playing catch with a football.
They were so good that I went out and watched and all the little kids came up to me to chat.
As I chatted with them I kept watching these boys and, when I got a chance, I asked them if they planned to go out for football at school.
They hemmed and hawed at it and I suggested they do because they showed true capability in the game.
GOSH! They lit up and wound up playing til dark and then I told them, while setting up the little youngsters to race each other to a streetlight, how there is a beeping golf ball so the blind can play the game and how they need to come up with some type of football that glows so you can play at night and sure enough the boys leave and return with a glow in the dark football!
I have to say it was marvelous to be out there watching this constructive play and fun in these kids!
I hope it lasts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home