Monday, January 02, 2006

My Mother is barely Tolerable

So it is New Year's Day and My Brother, his wife and my mother, visiting from Southern California, with them; invite me to go to Powell's City of Books in Portland with them. I jump at the offer! Powell's is IT for anyone who loves books and I am a very avid reader.
I have gone there many times with the Bro and his wife and we all have very different tastes in books so of course we are going to split up.
We ALWAYS set a time and area to meet back up.
I pointed to a bench and we all agreed we would meet back there in one hours time and see what we will do then. Powell's City of Books is so huge that there are maps they hand out at the enterance and I DO believe it was my Mother's first visit there; none-the less I found all I wanted to partake in to add to my reading list of 2006 and my home library and had checked out and was the first to await the family.
Megan and the Bro showed up with mom arriving Tardy as usual. Unbelievably my Mom was still looking for some books and like a stupid helpless animal she really isn't, my brother placated her in going off to find her books with her.
This is exactly why I never go places with her, but Powell's is always a must; because she HAS to be the center of attention and the idea that she has us captivated with her issue of her books is her type of thing! I hate it and tried not to fume because I had lovely books going home with me.
They had planned to go elsewhere and I did asked if they could drop me off.
Sometimes I really don't seem like my mother's daughter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home