Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cashing A Check At the Local Market

I hardly ever write a check at the local market.
I DO when I go on base to the commissary since the baggers only work for tips and that way I can make certain a have a few singles to give them.
It just so happens that I was bringing my soda cans to recycle and needed to pick up some veggies.
I am off lettuce until all is safe from E-coli. Cole Slaw is my salad of choice now!

Anyway I realized I didn't have my debit card in my wallet, left at home until my disability pension hit the bank.
I DID have my check book, so I opted on cutting a check at the store.
You know it's been a very long time since you have written a check at a local market when you write down the WRONG store! (I wrote down Albertson's rather than Fred Meyers-which is the Pacific Northwest's chain of the Kroger Franchise.) WOW! Was that embarrassing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home