Thursday, December 28, 2006

Take It Like a Marine

I've got an old buddy who recently lost his wife.
I went to his place and helped go through his fridge and freezer because he had no idea what was in there and good, bad or how to cook it.
So we cleaned it all out and I took a bunch of the stuff home and prepared it. Made soup, Hot wings and a pot roast. All of which I paid out of my own pocket the veggies etc.. I even took him to an appointment in Portland so he could talk to the Service Officer and get paperwork filed for VA benefits, which he has never done and is a Korean Vet!
He is very poor, but I am a bit put off because everytime I talk to him he plays to poor me card.
I have come to the conclusion that he will now have a pity party on his own!
We all have issues and a couple months past his wife's passing and he is still playing that card.
A few other buddies have mention that they noticed this too!
It's a shame and I hope he gets over this before he loses friends, because I personally have no intention on calling him if he is going to be like this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home