Friday, December 15, 2006

9 Nano Seconds

Of all the questions on the various Naval Advancement exams I remember the answer to the question:
What is the longest allowable duration during a commercial power outage and transfer to UPS- Uninterrupted Power System?
The answer is 9 nano seconds!
That is the CT Naval Standard.
Considering we ARE the Best Naval Fleet in the world of course our systems would be the best.
We come from a 1st world country-Oops!
No more! I am certain that our 1st world status is diminishing!
For the ninth time since I have lived here my power has again gone out! 5:43 PM and did not return until midnight!
I believe if I attempted to measure it in nano seconds this would be into the billions!
The six plus hours I was without power, along with over 140,000 other homes! Is without a doubt that if we cannot even be consistent with our utilities then how can we expect to have the scientists and mathematicians to move our technologies further into the future!
2nd World Country mark my words!
It may even happen in my lifetime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home