Monday, November 27, 2006

With So Many Friends I Should Feel Pleased

I am experiencing an emotional conflict.
Having to go to the VA in Portland on a scheduled eye check-up: Yea! My eye pressure is OK so I don't have to have another check-up for 3 months!
So...having to go out to Portland and being the type of person that I am I planned to go see my dear friend out at Lincoln Memorial Park. I know all the folks out there because that is where the Vietnam Traveling Wall was this past Memorial Day week and I also have begun my pre-planned funeral plans with them.
I had a few small gifts for the holidays for her and she enjoys keeping up on all the news for Veterans so I pass along my Veterans organizations newsletters and magazines.
So I get there, thinking we will have a nice quiet chat for a spell and lo and behold all of them came out of the wood work and wanted to chat. We wound up in the lunch room having coffee and chatting and yet dear Sara looked a bit saddened, as if she had something she wanted to confide in me yet couldn't with everyone there.
I am pleased and over-joyed sharing time with these folks, yet feel the time was lost for Sara and I to explore our friendship which has gotten stronger over time.
I suppose it's hard to water one tree when the entire forest is thirsty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to a conversation with "Maddam Additude". I have been blessed with monthly drives to the Dalles to visit our friends at the Vets Home. Afterwards we spend lunch chatting & telling stories. I look so forward to these trips and we haven't been able to do that the last few months. I was looking forward to some "sage" advice from a good friend. One thing is for sure Maddam Additute she calls it like she sees it & isn't afraid to tell you. Thank goodness for the telephone. We were able to talk & I felt much better. Thanks so much, You are truly one of the shinning stars in my life.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home