Thursday, November 09, 2006

No More Bed Head!

Years back I always had long hair.
My mother started me on it when, as a Tom Boy, I wanted short hair and she wanted me to keep it long.
We compromised and I had this ugly hairdo of short in the front and long in the back.
I finally just got used to it long and even when riding/racing my motorcycles I just pony-tailed it and stuck the ponytail under my leather jacket.
It was difficult in the Navy. After having cut it short before Bootcamp, knowing they'd DO IT FOR ME, I allowed it to grow long.
After Bootcamp it was a hassle to pin up each day to be in regulation.
Then I married and the spousal unit liked my long hair...the hair stayed long.
Right after my divorce I cut my hair and enjoyed this new freedom. Soon I realized that I am a long hair lover and allowed my hair to grow out.
It is just shoulder length now and I still have to remind my hairdresser that we are keeping it long.
Some day I may have it as long as when I was stationed in Italy and my hairdresses-Bruno had to have me stand up to trim the back!
Now it's long for me! And now it is long enough that I do not wake up with Bed Head. With all my hair squished here and there!
Sometimes we need change, but sometimes we realize that the old standard is just right for our personality and my hair will most likely stay long for some time now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home