Monday, November 06, 2006

Welcome Back Beatles!

The Beatles are back in my life!
While I was married, my husband wasn't in to them and thus I didn't listen to them and for some odd reason I didn't have any CDs of theirs in my collection-a few LPs, but not CDs.
Now that I have been divorced over three years I am delightfully bringing in missed and almost forgotten music that I once enjoyed!
I have also added singers and groups I hadn't known much of prior; such as Alanis Morissette, The Indigo Girls, Dixie Chicks, Rush, Avril Lavigne, Barenaked Ladies, Barry White & Uncle Kracker.
I also have added more CDs to my library of some singers or groups that I enjoyed and didn't have many CDs of.
Such as Chris Rea-he can sing to me anyday! Love that voice!
Dave Matthews Band & many of the Blues and Jazz era that I love so much. I have a large collection now of Billy Holiday and Fats Waller, Thelonius Monk and others.
Music is an everyday delight in my life and I cannot believe in my Ex-husband's belief that 'life is too short' for anything new!
I am delighted everyday in hearing something new!
I recall, as a kid in school, being asked if you had to lose one of your senses which one would it be?
I replied-'My Sixth Sense!'
I would hate to be deaf! I enjoy sounds and for me the sound of music is embraced with a passion everytime I experience a new song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home