Thursday, November 16, 2006

Another Reminder That The US Is Becoming A 2nd World Country

Yet again my power went out! It is bad enough that PGE had to pull things together after the fall of Enron, but my power has gone out more times than the years I have lived here! (3.5yrs & power outages are 4, for those who like numbers!) On top of that the power has been out for more than an hour each time with a max time of 14-16hrs! If we aren't a 2nd world country we don't have long to go to become one! India, China and other countries are now in fierce competition for much of our out-sourcing jobs. So if you want to stay and keep your job you had better make certain it is in a profession that cannot be out-sourced and has the human element in it. I am now certainly going to put an UPS unit on my computer system so that it doesn't lose power again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home