Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Joy of Having a Tendency Towards OCD

I know I have a tendency towards OCD-Obsessive Compulsive Disorder...Because I find myself doing something and at the same time cleaning something else I find and multi-tasking in this was with never losing sight of the original task.
Attention to Detail is what the Navy calls it and even trains you to be this way in Boot Camp.
I like a house that is organized and has a low level of entropy. I ALWAYS know where my car keys are and how much butter is in the fridge.
I have now found that I enjoy my mornings better with simplicity. Because of this I have begun to set out my medications, vitamins and the plethora of food supplements I take, in the evening so they are ready for me in the morning. I used to clean the dishes in the evening and put them away in the morning. Now, before bed, I put them away. This has given me less to do in my morning and has brought a simple joy to embrace the new day and take time to smell and enjoy my coffee or tea. What a nice way to begin the day, I don't know why it took so long to figure it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home