Thursday, February 17, 2005

Motherly Love

I just dawned on my, yesterday, that my mother knows nothing of me!
She hasn't taken much interest in my life since I have returned to the states after nine and a half years of Serving my Country overseas.
In fact, for a few days, she had driven up to the house I and my then husband-(now Ex) lived, for a visit. My Ex brought out one of many photo albums to show some photos to my mother. After the forth page, Not Album but PAGE, she said she didn't want to see anymore and her excuse was so she didn't have to turn her head! How lame is that!
I always knew I was the Black Sheep middle child in the family, but yesterday I realized that this woman, who gave birth to me, doesn't have the foggiest notion what my favorite movie, band, food, city etc is!
You know the Email that went around to friends to help get to know each other had lines like my favorite place and my favorite music. Well she has no idea and yet I can just about guarantee she knows most of those answers of my older sister and younger brother.
I have tried many times to open up communication and break the rift between us, but all I got was a raise hand flicking me and the air off.
I have decided that I have done my best and given her every opportunity when all she has done is nub me.
I can sleep well a night knowing I have done my best, but I will not allow her to call me names and shoot me down anytime I talk. Thus I hung up on her over a month ago which of course was the last time we spoke.
I wouldn't take that from a stranger nor a friend so I damned well won't take it from family when they should be more loving and considerate in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home